Old 23-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Gary Woods

Default The Circle is unbroken

Bent severely over the past year+, battered and weathered, but yesterday I
looked at the garlic bed, with one end just emerging from the snows. There
are little green shoots poking up.

Life goes on. Praises be.

Old 24-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Jon Endres, PE

Yeah, that's what made my week. My garlic bed was the last one to thaw,
because that straw cover, which insulated the soil, also prevented it from
thawing quickly. But I've had little green shoots for over a week now. I
can't wait, it's my first time growing garlic.

Gary, when do you usually harvest? I am in your zone, over the border in
southern Vermont.

Jon Endres

Old 24-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Gary Woods

"Jon Endres, PE" wrote:

Gary, when do you usually harvest? I am in your zone, over the border in
southern Vermont.

Late July-Early August. And usually a little later than I should. All the
sordid details in spreadsheet form on my personal web page, in the .sig
below.

Your landscape is a lot like mine, except the hills tend to be higher.
Equinox comes to mind....

Cheers!