GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poppy seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/11627-poppy-seeds.html)

Walter 25-03-2003 04:08 PM

poppy seeds

I have poppy seeds for sale. Packe of 250, 500, 1,000, 3,000, and 5,000 seeds
per pack. Custom amounts available. All are P. Somniferum and there are
different varities. email me for details.

Henriette Kress 25-03-2003 07:08 PM

poppy seeds

ojunk (Walter) wrote:

I have poppy seeds for sale. Packe of 250, 500, 1,000, 3,000, and 5,000 seeds
per pack. Custom amounts available. All are P. Somniferum and there are
different varities. email me for details.

You'll find poppy seeds (P. somniferum) in pretty much any grocery store on the
spice shelf as ... poppy seeds. Poppies (P. somniferum) are also very popular as
ornamentals in garden stores.

There's really no need to pay lots of money to some usenet spammer.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress Helsinki, Finland
Over 40 MB herbal .html files (FAQs, classic texts, articles, links), plus

Jan Flora 26-03-2003 07:08 PM

poppy seeds

In article , no fix
wrote:

ojunk (Walter) wrote:

I have poppy seeds for sale. Packe of 250, 500, 1,000, 3,000, and

5,000 seeds
per pack. Custom amounts available. All are P. Somniferum and there are
different varities. email me for details.

You'll find poppy seeds (P. somniferum) in pretty much any grocery store

on the
spice shelf as ... poppy seeds. Poppies (P. somniferum) are also very

popular as
ornamentals in garden stores.

There's really no need to pay lots of money to some usenet spammer.

Henriette

Do poppy seeds germinate better if you put them in the freezer for a
little while before planting them?

Jan

zxcvbob 26-03-2003 08:08 PM

poppy seeds

Jan Flora wrote:

Do poppy seeds germinate better if you put them in the freezer for a
little while before planting them?

Jan

Probably. I think you're really supposed to plant them very early in the
spring, so they will get frosted a few times before the ground warms up.

Best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join the
search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/

George Shirley 26-03-2003 09:56 PM

poppy seeds

Down 'chere in Cajun country we plant them in September and they come up
in January and bloom before hot weather and then die. Of course they
readily reseed so they are here again next year.

George, USDA zone 9b