GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bitter Melon (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/1282-bitter-melon.html)

Lady Pasmaw 13-02-2003 04:55 AM

Bitter Melon

I understand that bitter melon is hard to grow. I have seeds. Do I do anything
special to get them started?

Zphysics1 16-02-2003 08:03 AM

Bitter Melon

I understand that bitter melon is hard to grow. I have seeds. Do I do
anything
special to get them started?

I started bitter melons a couple of summers ago -- and the seeds just keep
coming back with new plants -- and so on. I found it easier to buy the melons
from the grocery store.

The vines completely took over in one part of my garden.

/z.

Frogleg 24-02-2003 01:27 PM

Bitter Melon

On 13 Feb 2003 02:23:38 GMT, (Lady Pasmaw) wrote:

I understand that bitter melon is hard to grow. I have seeds. Do I do anything
special to get them started?

Easy to grow (like any gourd or squash); hard to find recipes for. :-)

Zphysics1 25-02-2003 02:03 PM

Bitter Melon

On 13 Feb 2003 02:23:38 GMT, (Lady Pasmaw) wrote:

I understand that bitter melon is hard to grow. I have seeds. Do I do anything
special to get them started?

Easy to grow (like any gourd or squash); hard to find recipes for. :-)

Check rec.foods.cooking.