GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thanks for the input folks. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/1303-thanks-input-folks.html)

Mike Davis 13-02-2003 03:25 PM

Thanks for the input folks.

Thanks all for the thoughts, tips, and cautionary notes. It just so happens
that I've got a patch well away from the other part of the garden to limit
escapees and my soil is acid and clay so it sounds like a possibility.

I can always pass 'em off to the neighbors as "wildflowers". ;-)

Mike D.

HPBudlong 15-02-2003 03:03 PM

Thanks for the input folks.

My Dad always used to bury a large tin bath - the one I remember I think was
our "baby bath", and plant the jerusalem artichokes in that so they wouldn't
take oveer the garden. They looked wrather like a small flowered sun flower if
I recall correctly.
Helen