Old 14-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Lack of sugar pea blossoms?

I am growing sugar peas and wax beans in my greenhouse. The pea plants are
vigorous and over two feet tall but show no blossoms. On the other hand, my
wax beans do have blossoms and I expect beans soon.

I am also growing tomatoes. Their growth is vigorous. I not only have
blossoms but set fruit.

I have I am using the same nutrient solution for all plants. It is the Grow
formula for tomatoes. The grow formulation is 20-6-16 for the major
constituents while the bloom formulation is 9-30-12.

I would appreciate answers to the following questions from knowledgeable
folk.

Would I be much better off using bloom for peas?

Would high temperatures in the greenhouse keep peas from blooming?

Are there any other suggestions?

Bill

Pea or not a pea Marq United Kingdom 2 26-03-2010 11:24 AM
sweet pea blossoms Rob Barrett United Kingdom 3 21-06-2006 10:47 AM
oriental pea pods/ sugar pods WARRENRN1 Gardening 1 27-09-2003 03:33 AM
Nitrogen Inoculant for sugar pea, "Little Sweetie" Paul Hand Gardening 3 13-03-2003 09:08 PM
Pea blossoms again Repeating Decimal Edible Gardening 3 25-02-2003 01:29 AM