Old 14-02-2003, 10:51 PM
FarmerDill

Default Super Fantastic Tomato

Super Fantastic is an upgrade of the old standby Fantastic, which I first
encountered back in the 60's. The Super version is a little larger and
supposedly has more disease resistance although it has not been noticable to
me. I usually plant one or the other as my standby canning tomato. I
outperforms most of the other hybrids of this type. It did a lot better in
Virginia than it does in Georgia tho. Several seed ( mail order )retailers
have carried it over the years but I do not know which of the seed producers
supply it.
Old 14-02-2003, 11:03 PM
FarmerDill

Addendum. Super Fantastic seem to be included in quite a number of test
plantings. This one from Texas A & M was interesting. SF came in second to
Merced, but blew away most of the rest of the competition including a yeild
almost 6 times that of the old standard OP Rutgers
http://agfacts.tamu.edu/D11/Victoria...N/mgtomato.htm

dill