GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which yardlong Asparagus bean do you prefer? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/141599-yardlong-asparagus-bean-do-you-prefer.html)

James 27-03-2006 03:37 PM

Which yardlong Asparagus bean do you prefer?

I've grown both red seed and black seed. Seems to me the red seedpods
grow old too quickly. The black seed one are more succulent but have
lower yields..

Which taste better?

[email protected] 27-03-2006 09:06 PM

Which yardlong Asparagus bean do you prefer?

I am no greenthumb, but the only type of asparagus I've seen are mostly
green and about 6 inches long at the supermarket. I've never seen any
asparagus that are a yard long and red or black. Where can I buy these
type?

James 27-03-2006 10:28 PM

Which yardlong Asparagus bean do you prefer?

That's "asparagus BEAN" or "yardlong BEAN". It's not asparagus. Sorry
I didn't make it clear.

The bean pods can grow a yard long but it's usually harvested maybe
half that long while still tender. It's eaten like green beans or
string beans.