GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Carrotts Love Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/143349-carrotts-love-tomatoes.html)

Farmer Joe 02-05-2006 03:00 AM

Carrotts Love Tomatoes

In reading again"Carrots Love Tomatoes"...the book....It says growing
Cucumbers near Potatoes will increase all kinds of "wilt and
Destruction" I have grown Cux for a while for pickling and am a
Potato rookie. These guys are not side by side but rowend are 3 feet
apart. I live in 5-6 St Louis MO area. I put my cux out REAL EARLY
and have some fruit already...not ready to pick yet. Am I Near
Doom or will it be ok???? Calm my fears please. Thanks Farmer Joe

Jim Carter 02-05-2006 08:01 PM

Carrotts Love Tomatoes

On 1 May 2006 19:00:25 -0700, "Farmer Joe"
wrote:

"Carrots Love Tomatoes"

Grmph!

My tomato killed my carrot! The tomato grew tall and bushy,
blocking off light to the carrot. Murdering thing...

Loki 03-05-2006 10:32 AM

Carrotts Love Tomatoes

"Farmer Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
In reading again"Carrots Love Tomatoes"...the book....It says growing
Cucumbers near Potatoes will increase all kinds of "wilt and
Destruction" I have grown Cux for a while for pickling and am a
Potato rookie. These guys are not side by side but rowend are 3 feet
apart. I live in 5-6 St Louis MO area. I put my cux out REAL EARLY
and have some fruit already...not ready to pick yet. Am I Near
Doom or will it be ok???? Calm my fears please. Thanks Farmer Joe

I've never worried about it and my cukes are often near my tomatoes.
I also live in the St. Louis area and have gardened here for many years.

Loki

kate 03-05-2006 05:44 PM

Carrots Love Tomatoes

wrote:

"Carrots Love Tomatoes"

Grmph!

My tomato killed my carrot! The tomato grew tall and bushy,
blocking off light to the carrot. Murdering thing...

I made the mistake of growing peas by the onions. The onions are not
amused...

I'm growing my cukes along the okra and corn. Don't know if it will work
but I'll find out soon enough.

Peace,

Kate

Kate