GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   R/O water for plants ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/143535-r-o-water-plants.html)

Someone Somewhere 05-05-2006 02:57 AM

R/O water for plants ?

Is anyone using R/O filtration water and or the refuse or
to drain output water from thier R/O filters to water thier
gardens and or yard plants/ grass?

If so are you using a misting, drip or some other sort
of water distribution ? I'm wanting some idea's about
options for configuring the 1/4 tube output to out of
doors. Can get it there just wondered about possible
water distribution from output water line of an
R/O .

TIA

Salmon Egg 05-05-2006 04:16 AM

R/O water for plants ?

On 5/4/06 6:57 PM, in article
, "Someone Somewhere"
wrote:

Is anyone using R/O filtration water

What is R/O.

Bill
-- Ferme le Bush

eric 05-05-2006 04:47 AM

R/O water for plants ?

"Salmon Egg" wrote:

What is R/O.

It stands for reverse osmosis, a form of water filtration where the result
is about 1 gallon of pure water to 5 gallons of waste. The OP is asking
about doing something with that waste water.

tenacity 08-05-2006 03:29 AM

R/O water for plants ?

I'm glad the question was asked. I live in Arizona, so using potable
water for my garden, especially my compost, is a huge waste. I'd like
to find a way to recycle waste water, too.

The Cook 08-05-2006 12:51 PM

R/O water for plants ?

On 7 May 2006 19:29:51 -0700, "tenacity"
wrote:

I'm glad the question was asked. I live in Arizona, so using potable
water for my garden, especially my compost, is a huge waste. I'd like
to find a way to recycle waste water, too.

Friends of mine have been recycling water for years. Two easy things
that they do is to keep a bucket in the bathtub and catch the water
while waiting for the water to get hot. They wash dishes manually and
rinse them in a dishpan rather than running water. Both of these get
used in the garden.
--
Susan N.