GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Whopper tomato growth question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/143787-whopper-tomato-growth-question.html)

Landrey 09-05-2006 10:03 PM

Whopper tomato growth question

I am growing a tomato called Park's Improved Whopper. Right now I have two
small tomatoes on the plant about twice the size of a cherry. I noticed that
there seems to be a little open area with little "holes" on the bottom of the
tomatoes. I am wondering if this is normal for this type of tomato or if this
is some sort of problem. This is my first time vegetable gardening so I am
not sure.

Thanks in advance!

[email protected] 10-05-2006 12:49 AM

Whopper tomato growth question

Parks Whopper is a medium size smooth round tomato. they usually don't
have pronounced blossom scars, but the first set of any type of tomato
can have deformaties. Nothing to worry about, unless the holes appear
to be eaten.