GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Q: Why are my tomatoe plant flowers falling off? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/143900-re-q-why-my-tomatoe-plant-flowers-falling-off.html)

Penelope Periwinkle 12-05-2006 01:39 AM

Q: Why are my tomatoe plant flowers falling off?

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:09:14 -0700, Otto Pylot
wrote:

tomato blossoms

They
are growing quite nicely but as soon as the flowers start to open, they
fall off. Ideas and suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortn...97/tomdis.html

http://kdcomm.net/~tomato/Tomato/blossom.htm

You don't say where you are, but around here in South Carolina,
the temperatures have fluctuated quite a bit this spring. I'm
surprised any of the tomatoes have set fruit at all.

Penelope

- "pointed"