GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Powdery Mildew? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/146395-powdery-mildew.html)

cloud dreamer 12-06-2006 10:34 PM

Powdery Mildew?

I'm trying cucumbers (English Telegraph) and celery for the first time
and today I've noticed some white specs on the leaves. I'm assuming
powdery mildew and have applied baking soda in water. Is there anything
else I can do?

Also...some of the leaves on my Bell peppers have turned a lime-green
color. Is there a concern there?

TIA

..

TQ 13-06-2006 02:54 AM

Powdery Mildew?

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
I'm trying cucumbers (English Telegraph) and celery for the first time
and today I've noticed some white specs on the leaves. I'm assuming
powdery mildew and have applied baking soda in water. Is there anything
else I can do?

Also...some of the leaves on my Bell peppers have turned a lime-green
color. Is there a concern there?

TIA

Pix would be most helpful in making a diagnosis of your cucumber and
pepper/s leaf condition.
http://www.imageshack.us/

Otherwise, any advice would be just a WAG.

--
TQ

cloud dreamer 13-06-2006 04:28 PM

Powdery Mildew?

TQ wrote:
"cloud dreamer" wrote in message

I'm trying cucumbers (English Telegraph) and celery for the first time
and today I've noticed some white specs on the leaves. I'm assuming
powdery mildew and have applied baking soda in water. Is there anything
else I can do?

Also...some of the leaves on my Bell peppers have turned a lime-green
color. Is there a concern there?

TIA

Pix would be most helpful in making a diagnosis of your cucumber and
pepper/s leaf condition.
http://www.imageshack.us/

Otherwise, any advice would be just a WAG.

Excellent idea. I'll post them to a new thread now. Thanks.

..