Old 21-06-2006, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
higgledy

Default Orthenex

How many days/weeks will Orthenex's pesticide be effective?

Old 21-06-2006, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

On 20 Jun 2006 17:30:48 -0700, "higgledy" wrote:

How many days/weeks will Orthenex's pesticide be effective?

What does it say on the label? What insect are you trying to control?

Reading the information provided by the company before using
pesticides on plants you're going to eat is probably a good habit to
cultivate.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 23-06-2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
higgledy

I always read the rate of application and interval to reapply, if
needed. I guess that is period that it is still valid? I hate using
chemicals and try things homemade and natural but my aphids were very
strong this year,

Old 23-06-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Elizabeth

Orthenex is a systemic insecticide/fungicide/miticide. It should
not be used on any edible plants. Ornamental use only.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

ups.com...

Old 25-06-2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve

Elizabeth wrote:

Orthenex is a systemic insecticide/fungicide/miticide. It should
not be used on any edible plants. Ornamental use only.

I was hoping someone would point that out by the time I got to the end
of this thread. Since this is rec.gardens.edible, Orthene and Orthenex
shouldn't even come up as a subject here.
I certainly hope the original poster isn't using this or any other
pesticide without reading the label! If the label doesn't list the plant
we want the spray and the pest we want to control, we should be looking
for a product that does list both.
Of course, some products give a blanket listing of "ornamentals" so if
you want to spray roses and ornamentals is listed, that counts. There
may be sprays that list just "vegetables" (for example) but I don't
recall ever seeing that. Orthonex will not be listing vegetables, I'm sure.

Steve