GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   curling tomatoe leaves? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/147071-curling-tomatoe-leaves.html)

Daniel Glazer 27-06-2006 02:39 AM

curling tomatoe leaves?

planted a yellow heirloom in a container, outside. tons of sun, well
watered, not too much wind. althought generally health, recently the lower
leaves started curling, should i be concerned? there were some bugs
(aphids?) which I picked off and which haven't returned. time to break out
the antibug spray? how does neem work with tomatoes?

thanks in advance,

js

TQ 28-06-2006 12:07 AM

curling tomatoe leaves?

"Daniel Glazer" wrote in message
. com...
planted a yellow heirloom in a container, outside. tons of sun, well
watered, not too much wind. althought generally health, recently the lower
leaves started curling, should i be concerned? there were some bugs
(aphids?) which I picked off and which haven't returned. time to break

out
the antibug spray? how does neem work with tomatoes?

Tomato leaf roll is a common condition of minimum consequence. Aphids,
OTOH, must be controlled if your plants are to thrive. Safer Insecticidal
soap spray works, as does a simple, brisk spray of water. The water spray
treatment needs to be repeated more often than the soap spray, but it/s
free, save the water/s cost.

BFan 01-07-2006 07:00 PM

curling tomatoe leaves?

A horticulturist friend of mine saw my tomato plants do the same thing about
a month ago. He said it was either too much or too little water. I began
watering less, and the curling stopped.