Old 09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered User

Default Crab apple polination partner

Hi,

Two questions

Firstly, I read somewhere that crab apples make suitable pollination partners for eating apples? I have a charles ross apple, and Im about to plant some ornamental trees nearby and thought it might kill two birds with one stone.

Which leads me on to the second question as recomendations for a couple of ornamental trees to provide a bit of a screen.

Cheers

Ed
Old 09-07-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve

gasdoctor wrote:
Hi,

Two questions

Firstly, I read somewhere that crab apples make suitable pollination
partners for eating apples?

Absolutely

I have a charles ross apple, and Im about
to plant some ornamental trees nearby and thought it might kill two
birds with one stone.

Which leads me on to the second question as recomendations for a couple
of ornamental trees to provide a bit of a screen...............

Maybe you should give an idea of where you live so somebody from that
general area can tell you what works well.
Let's see, you are growing apples so I'm pretty sure you are not in Key
West. ;-)

Steve
Old 19-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
gasdoctor wrote:
Hi,

Two questions

Firstly, I read somewhere that crab apples make suitable pollination
partners for eating apples?

Absolutely

I have a charles ross apple, and Im about
to plant some ornamental trees nearby and thought it might kill two
birds with one stone.

Which leads me on to the second question as recomendations for a couple
of ornamental trees to provide a bit of a screen...............

Maybe you should give an idea of where you live so somebody from that
general area can tell you what works well.
Let's see, you are growing apples so I'm pretty sure you are not in Key
West. ;-)

Steve
Good point, forgot I hadnt used the UK thread.

Im in the West Midlands, but youve answered my question.

Thanks

Ed

Bramley apple polination David in Normandy[_7_] United Kingdom 20 19-08-2008 09:52 PM
Apple tree polination question Broadback United Kingdom 3 04-05-2007 11:37 PM
bee polination daniela Orchids 7 02-02-2006 02:57 PM
Polination Ed Stuart Gardening 1 29-08-2004 06:51 AM
Crab Apple Tree - Stunting Fruit Growth Heather Gardening 3 15-04-2003 03:44 PM