GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why are my cucumbers bitter? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/147580-why-my-cucumbers-bitter.html)

sockiescat 20-07-2006 05:53 AM

TQ Texas A&M wrote:

5. Q. What causes my cucumbers to become bitter tasting?

A. [snip] Once a plant produces bitter fruit, remove it from the
garden because all subsequent fruit will be affected in a similar manner.

As if one can tell which cucumber came from which plant.

hope this might answer a few of your questions and help u as well.
http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublicatio...50/eb1250.html
good luck ;), sockiecat.

smth.kvin 27-01-2011 05:45 PM

This is correct, it caused the pressure. Rapid growth of healthy plants will be Let the pain to a minimum. Of course, there are several varieties of have been bred to eliminate the bitter taste. I like the growth of "sweet success. " This seems to be very painful freedom, even if they are seedless too.

peterjakkson 23-04-2011 03:22 PM

I had a appropriate cucumber crop this year, but a lot of of them accept had a strong

bitter aftertaste on the axis ancillary of the cucumber. If I cut abroad adjoin 1/3 of

the breadth of the cucumber, the blow is usually actual good.