GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   toms going soft on top (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/147832-toms-going-soft-top.html)

sneaks 18-07-2006 04:47 PM

toms going soft on top

Some of my toms are going soft on top on my tom plant what can the problem
be are they baking in this heat we are having at the mo or is there a problem with the plant. Any advice please.

[email protected] 19-07-2006 01:47 AM

toms going soft on top

sneaks wrote:
"Some of my toms are going soft on top on my tom plant what can the
problem be are they baking in this heat we are having at the mo or is
there a
problem with the plant. Any advice please."

Could be blossom end rot, sun scald, or anthracnose.

BER will correct itself.
Sun scald fx fruits not protected be enough foliage.
Anthracnose can be controlled with a fungicide.

Jim Carter ([email protected]) 19-07-2006 04:53 AM

toms going soft on top

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:47:44 +0100, sneaks
wrote:

Some of my toms are going soft on top

Anyone with ant tomato problems should have a look at

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Click twice on the photograph of the problem.