Old 22-07-2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AndyS

Default Cucumber question

Andy asks:

Well, my cucumber vines have finally petered out after a nice run
which filled my fridge for several weeks... so now I am thinking about
another crop..

What I did was, I took one of the overripe yellow cucumbers, made
a hill , and squeezed the seeds and phlegmstuff out of it on the hill
and covered
them with dirt....

So,.... is this going to sprout , or not ?

I'll know for sure in a week or two, but I wonder if anyone here
has an accurate guess...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Old 28-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Andy asks:

Well, my cucumber vines have finally petered out after a nice run
which filled my fridge for several weeks... so now I am thinking about
another crop..

What I did was, I took one of the overripe yellow cucumbers, made
a hill , and squeezed the seeds and phlegmstuff out of it on the hill
and covered
them with dirt....

So,.... is this going to sprout , or not ?

I'll know for sure in a week or two, but I wonder if anyone here
has an accurate guess...

Andy in Eureka, Texas
They may but if your first crop were hybrids then they may come out to be a very different kind of cucumber.

Cucumber Question fox66 United Kingdom 4 22-06-2007 02:47 PM
cucumber question ll Edible Gardening 3 08-06-2004 05:22 PM
Help! What do I do with this cucumber? anne United Kingdom 11 22-08-2003 02:12 PM
Cucumber Problem (Sydney) Michelle Australia 1 05-04-2003 07:37 AM
Cucumber Problem (Sydney) Michelle Australia 2 18-03-2003 08:44 AM