GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   everbearing strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/148694-everbearing-strawberries.html)

higgledy 14-08-2006 01:43 AM

everbearing strawberries

I planted 4 everbearing strawberries in the spring. They have plenty of
flowers and small berries but the berries never develop. They just
elongate by1/4" then wither away. The leaves look healthy they are not
over-fed not over-watered. I have not pinched the shoots as these are
everbearing, I think the Ozark variety. What is going wrong?

Sgt.Sausage 14-08-2006 11:49 PM

everbearing strawberries

"higgledy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I planted 4 everbearing strawberries in the spring. They have plenty of
flowers and small berries but the berries never develop. They just
elongate by1/4" then wither away. The leaves look healthy they are not
over-fed not over-watered. I have not pinched the shoots as these are
everbearing, I think the Ozark variety. What is going wrong?

We were into our 3rd year before ours started really producing. Like
yours -- fits and starts -- looked like they were going to go for it, but
ultimately did nothing. Until the 3rd season ... Then they went absolutely
nuts.

higgledy 15-08-2006 12:52 AM

everbearing strawberries

They produced plenty of shoots. Did your strawberries produce shoots
too?