GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Saved seeds not sprouting. Dead seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/149067-saved-seeds-not-sprouting-dead-seeds.html)

Happybattles 26-08-2006 04:12 PM

Saved seeds not sprouting. Dead seeds?

Pulled the seeds out of my sausage a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if
they'll grow a sausage vine or sausage bush, tree or what.

I made the mistake of cooking the sausage first but I'm wondering if
the seeds are delicate enough to be killed by the cooking. Next time I
buy sausage should I pull the seeds out of at least a couple of them
first?

Also - how long do they take to sprout? I've checked lots of websites
on the internet but cannot find any info. Am I in the wrong "growing
region" or does my soil lack something like nitrogen?

Thanks in advance.

Frank 26-08-2006 07:08 PM

Happybattles wrote:
Pulled the seeds out of my sausage a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if
they'll grow a sausage vine or sausage bush, tree or what.

I made the mistake of cooking the sausage first but I'm wondering if
the seeds are delicate enough to be killed by the cooking. Next time I
buy sausage should I pull the seeds out of at least a couple of them
first?

Also - how long do they take to sprout? I've checked lots of websites
on the internet but cannot find any info. Am I in the wrong "growing
region" or does my soil lack something like nitrogen?

Thanks in advance.

Quit pulling your sausage, get a job and leave home. Your mom needs a
rest ;)