GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes, green, then nada,, ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/149219-tomatoes-green-then-nada.html)

ed 31-08-2006 01:49 AM

Tomatoes, green, then nada,, ?

We have 4 different varities of tomatoes, all are very lush shrubs,
flowers, n green fruit,,,however,, they jus don't grow or ripen,,, ? We
do 1 gallon of "tomato" Miracle Grow every 10 days, and water every 3
days,,,, last year we could not keep up with the harvest [6 plants
then] ,,,,any suggestions? TIA ed, in Sacramento Ca.

cloud dreamer[_3_] 31-08-2006 01:53 AM

Tomatoes, green, then nada,, ?

ed wrote:

We have 4 different varities of tomatoes, all are very lush shrubs,
flowers, n green fruit,,,however,, they jus don't grow or ripen,,, ? We
do 1 gallon of "tomato" Miracle Grow every 10 days, and water every 3
days,,,, last year we could not keep up with the harvest [6 plants
then] ,,,,any suggestions? TIA ed, in Sacramento Ca.

You can over-fertilize. Don't know if that is what the end result would
be, but every 10 days can be excessive. I've done fine fertilizing once
or twice a month.

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Far East.