GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Do plants absorb toxins from the soil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/149248-do-plants-absorb-toxins-soil.html)

Compostman 03-09-2006 12:13 PM

Do plants absorb toxins from the soil?

"Jon ChicKen$ M@ster" wrote in message
Compostman wrote:
As part of a phytoremediation project at a Superfund site, The Army Corps
of Engineering is conducting an experiment to determine whether ferns
will remove arsenic from the soil.
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

I think this is very interesting. Where can I read something about this?
Are there any press releases about this issue?

Try this web site. It's the Corp of Engineers site on the project.
http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/projec...ringvalley.htm
_________________
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

Jon ChicKentz M@ster § § § 04-09-2006 01:18 PM

Compostman wrote:

I think this is very interesting. Where can I read something about this?
Are there any press releases about this issue?

Try this web site. It's the Corp of Engineers site on the project.
http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/projec...ringvalley.htm
John Henry Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7

Thanks, Compostman.

--
Sorry, little change in my nick.

neilbrrian 19-05-2011 07:22 PM

I charge to apperceive if (every, or some) bulb phloem allows Nerium oleander toxin to be translocated through its argosy as calmly as some pesticides, so that this adulteration could be stored in its comestible tissues and damage our health.