GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Not SPINACH!?!? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/149715-re-not-spinach.html)

Nicole 19-09-2006 06:19 AM

Not SPINACH!?!?

It's only the packaged spinach that's a problem. The fresh bunches are ok.
Nicole in CA
"Seymour Bigby-Heinz" -stuff wrote in message
Well, somebody's foolish procedures somewhere in the food distribution
network has screwed-up our spinach supply. Guess what I'll be adding
to my garden...

Sy

Nicole 20-09-2006 10:12 AM

Not SPINACH!?!?

Frozen, canned and fresh bunches are all ok.

Nicole

--
3 of every 10 Americans Know Someone With Lupus
Help find the cure. lupus.org

FACE 22-09-2006 09:22 PM

Not SPINACH!?!?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:47:07 -0500, in rec.gardens.edible sherwindu
, in glistered weave writ large for all to see:

What about frozen spinach in packages (Green Giant) ?

Sherwin D.

Deep freezing is probably as effective as heating in killing the bacteria.
However, you do display the proper "we're all gonna DIE" attitude. :-)