Old 15-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Jean S. Barto

Default Burpees plants?

Hello folks--

Anyone here get their Burpees plants yet? I ordered some eggplant, tomato
and pepper plants way back when and have not gotten them yet--I would think
I'd get them pretty soon, or by May 1st at the latest.

Jean in SE VA (Zone 7B)

--
"If you are going through hell, keep going."

Winston Churchill

Old 15-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Anonymo421

Hello folks--

Anyone here get their Burpees plants yet? I ordered some eggplant, tomato
and pepper plants way back when and have not gotten them yet--I would think
I'd get them pretty soon, or by May 1st at the latest.

Jean in SE VA (Zone 7B)

Couldn't hurt to contact them for a status report.

--
Bugger off, Chirac.
Old 15-04-2003, 02:32 PM
The Cook

"Jean S. Barto" wrote:

Hello folks--

Anyone here get their Burpees plants yet? I ordered some eggplant, tomato
and pepper plants way back when and have not gotten them yet--I would think
I'd get them pretty soon, or by May 1st at the latest.

Jean in SE VA (Zone 7B)

They usually ship at the right time for planting. April 15 is average
last frost date here in SE Virginia. I just started hardening off my
tomatoes this week. Peppers and eggplants will go in when it gets
warmer.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Old 15-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Pam

In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:10:36 GMT,
"Jean S. Barto" proclaimed:

Hello folks--

Anyone here get their Burpees plants yet? I ordered some eggplant, tomato
and pepper plants way back when and have not gotten them yet--I would think
I'd get them pretty soon, or by May 1st at the latest.

Most places hold live plants so that they'll arrive a couple of
days past the last frost date unless you specify a shipping date.
You might check Burpees' web site and see what their policy
is.

Pam

Old 16-04-2003, 12:08 AM
jc

"The Cook" wrote in message

"Jean S. Barto" wrote:
Hello folks--
Anyone here get their Burpees plants yet? I ordered some eggplant,

tomato
and pepper plants way back when and have not gotten them yet--I would

think
I'd get them pretty soon, or by May 1st at the latest.
Jean in SE VA (Zone 7B)

They usually ship at the right time for planting. April 15 is average
last frost date here in SE Virginia. I just started hardening off my
tomatoes this week. Peppers and eggplants will go in when it gets
warmer.

Burpee, like most other mail order plant suppliers, will ship based on
the last average frost date for your USDA cold hardiness zone. If you
live in an area with a short growing season like ours Phoenix AZ), you
need to push the envelope a bit and plant a little earlier. A few
companies will ship earlier if you explain that to them but most, like
Burpee, will not because of concerns about potential complaints about
the transplants not surviving. Another reason to grow your own
transplants from seed. -Olin

Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 AM
The Cook

"jc" wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
.. .

"Jean S. Barto" wrote:
[...]

Or purchase from local nurseries. They usually carry varieties that
do well in their location and will give you all of the advice that you
will need.