GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this plant/weed called? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/150735-what-plant-weed-called.html)

[email protected] 03-11-2006 07:39 AM

What is this plant/weed called?

I went camping over the summer, and I found this plant/weed next to a
lake close by to where I was staying. I never seen this before, it
intrigued me so I took a picture of it...I was wondering if any one
here could tell me what it's called. Thanks for your help
-Heather

I hope this image code works, if not I'll supply a link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...934/neat-1.jpg

Henriette Kress 03-11-2006 10:25 AM

wrote:

I went camping over the summer, and I found this plant/weed next to a
lake close by to where I was staying. I never seen this before, it
intrigued me so I took a picture of it...I was wondering if any one
here could tell me what it's called. Thanks for your help
-Heather

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...934/neat-1.jpg

It's a Calla or water arum.
http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=CAPA
http://www.henriettesherbal.com/php/get.php?id=2178

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

Omelet 03-11-2006 10:09 PM

What is this plant/weed called?

In article om,
wrote:

I went camping over the summer, and I found this plant/weed next to a
lake close by to where I was staying. I never seen this before, it
intrigued me so I took a picture of it...I was wondering if any one
here could tell me what it's called. Thanks for your help
-Heather

I hope this image code works, if not I'll supply a link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...934/neat-1.jpg

link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...934/neat-1.jpg

Calamus?