Old 10-12-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Dwarf Fruit Trees

My attempts at web searchs for this information have been
fruitless. My searchs have been inefficient producing too
many irrelevant sites.

Where is a good place to find the expected heights and
widths of dwarf fruit trees?

Dick
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Dick Adams wrote:
My attempts at web searchs for this information have been
fruitless. My searchs have been inefficient producing too
many irrelevant sites.

Where is a good place to find the expected heights and
widths of dwarf fruit trees?

Dick

Free nursery catalogs or nursery websites. Of course the info is
assuming ideal conditions.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

A lot of keeping trees at the expected heights and widths will also depend
upon your pruning techniques. Even dwarf trees, when left alone, will go
higher than the 10 to 15 feet tall as advertised, at least that has been my
experience.

Dwayne

Old 13-12-2006, 07:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Dick,

You will find some excellent information in Stella Otto's book, 'The Backyard

Orchardist'.

Sherwin D.