Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 PM
cfl news

Default worms inside my cucumbers

its very odd, our cucumbers last year had a great season, we only had 3
planted but we got a good amount from them BUT, halfway through the harvest
our cucumbers were filled with worms on the inside, no entry wounds, no
visible sign off deterioration inside or outside -- just worms living
inside.

I thought at first it was maggots, but the fruit was still alive on the
cucumber plant. i would like to know if anyone has any clue as to what i
found and if i can prevent it in the future.

Zone 9 [just north of zone 10]

Old 16-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Wayne Redick

"cfl news" wrote ...
its very odd, our cucumbers last year had a great season, we only had 3
planted but we got a good amount from them BUT, halfway through the

harvest
our cucumbers were filled with worms on the inside, no entry wounds, no
visible sign off deterioration inside or outside -- just worms living
inside.

I thought at first it was maggots, but the fruit was still alive on the
cucumber plant. i would like to know if anyone has any clue as to what i
found and if i can prevent it in the future.

Zone 9 [just north of zone 10]

Sounds like you have what I had in my Daytona Beach garden some years
ago.Cucumber beetles.Local botanist recommended me to plant Icicle Radishes
and Elephant Garlic close to the cucumbers plants.It worked for me.
Good luck

Wayne

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
Cucumbers grown inside cages Angi Edible Gardening 15 24-07-2003 07:42 PM
cucumbers inside cages Angi Gardening 8 19-07-2003 07:42 PM
Cucumbers grown vertically Andy N Edible Gardening 10 31-01-2003 06:22 PM