GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/153982-green-manure.html)

[email protected] 09-02-2007 06:50 PM

Green manure

I tried planting some clover this winter in my raised beds. When it
comes time, whats the best way to prepare for spring planting? Should
I just fork it under, or should I weed-eater it first? And should I
turn it in green, or chop it and let it dry before I turn it under?

Thanks.

[email protected] 11-02-2007 01:20 PM

Green manure

On Feb 9, 1:50 pm, wrote:
I tried planting some clover this winter in my raised beds. When it
comes time, whats the best way to prepare for spring planting? Should
I just fork it under, or should I weed-eater it first? And should I
turn it in green, or chop it and let it dry before I turn it under?

Thanks.

Turn it under green, It will break down much faster, Mow or weed -eat
ONLY if if it too tall to turn under easily.