Old 12-02-2007, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Ttop posting.

"Chris McGonnell" wrote

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from
the snow belt?

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is *finally*
iced over, so alert the local EMS it's bozos-on-ice season.

IFYPFY.

Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

Either that or Tamara started drinking again.

(Yeah, right. Erie is south of Ontario.)

--oTTo--
Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:56:09 -0500, Otto Bahn wrote:
"Chris McGonnell" wrote
Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is *finally*
iced over, so alert the local EMS it's bozos-on-ice season.

IFYPFY.

I wuv that show. Especially in Cleveland where it's on the lake AND the
roads. (Note: Cleveland drivers know how to drive on snow/ice just fine,
but do it assuming -you- do too, in cars held together with duct tape and
iPod wires, at 20mph over the speed limit. This causes wackiness qualitatively
different from the Southern "O NOES IT'S ICE!" "O RLY?? TO THE GROCERY STORE,
MUST STOCK UP ON TOILET PAPER AND MILK!" wackiness.)

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeableBLINK
Old 13-02-2007, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:07:29 -0500, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

Why, are you feeling peckish?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 13-02-2007, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

Why, are you feeling peckish?

I'm hungry for some crotchety.

--oTTo--
Old 13-02-2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

On 2007-02-11, Salmon Egg wrote:

This is unadulterated crap! If you can truly PROVE that potassium nitrate in
a hermetically sealed glass tube leaning against a potato plant stem
increases the potassium content of the potatoes, while an empty tube of the
same nature does not, you would be a shoo-in for a Nobel prize in chemistry!
Moreover, explaining how that works would put you alongside Lavoisier as one
of the most famous chemists of all time.

I agree.

I was surprised to read this in a respectable-looking book printed
(English translation 1947) long before every kook could publish on the
interweb or the usernet.

--
You can drown in a bathtub with an inch of water in it, and you can
easily write a completely unreadable and unmaintainable program in a

Old 13-02-2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:37:31 -0000, "R M. Watkin"
wrote:

Hi All,

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Having some trouble with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Old 13-02-2007, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:05:34 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:55:22 GMT, Salmon Egg
wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
R M. Watkin wrote:

top posting snipers

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying
the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who
top-post to newsgroups.

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top posting is pretty
minor.

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs after 65 million
years of dominating the earth, nuclear weapon development in Iran is
pretty minor.

I've seen some loony theories before on the Usernet [TM], but this one
just about takes the cake. An asteroid dominating the earth for 65
million years? I don't think so.

Old 13-02-2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:21:29 -0500, Vandy Terre
wrote:

Some of us top post because we want to irritate spammers that post across
several unrelated newsgroups.

Yeah? Has that working out for you?

Old 13-02-2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

wrote:

Some of us top post because we want to irritate spammers that post across
several unrelated newsgroups.

Sorry. I meant to say "How's that working out for you."

As for the posting to unrelated chat rooms, my computer does it
automatically.

Old 13-02-2007, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

Having some trouble with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Me? No, I ... oh, no, wait, are you ... uh.

As you were.

-jwgh

--
"Only in America could something like that not happen in America."
-- Matt McIrvin, 29 November 2005
Old 14-02-2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:07:29 -0500, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

top posting snipers

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric
study identifying the various other social
disfunctionalities associated with people who top-post
to newsgroups.

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top
posting is pretty minor.

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs
after 65 million years of dominating the earth, nuclear
weapon development in Iran is pretty minor.

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from
the snow belt?

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is
*finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms here!
Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and
news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
utter negation of human freedom, the denial of equal rights, a
challenge in the face of mankind." A. Kolnai
Old 14-02-2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

(David DeLaney) wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:56:09 -0500, Otto Bahn
wrote:
"Chris McGonnell" wrote
Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie
is *finally* iced over, so alert the local EMS it's
bozos-on-ice season.

IFYPFY.

I wuv that show. Especially in Cleveland where it's on the
lake AND the roads. (Note: Cleveland drivers know how to
drive on snow/ice just fine, but do it assuming -you- do
too, in cars held together with duct tape and iPod wires,
at 20mph over the speed limit. This causes wackiness
qualitatively different from the Southern "O NOES IT'S
ICE!" "O RLY?? TO THE GROCERY STORE, MUST STOCK UP ON
TOILET PAPER AND MILK!" wackiness.)

Feh. Not any more they don't. Why, just this morning, in
fairly not-blizzarding conditions, with clear and clean roads,
the bozos-on-ice were going all of 35-40 mph. With rare
bursts to 45 mph. And coming home ? In a blizzard ? with
low visibility and slush and blowing snow and ice all over ?
and invisible lane lines ? They were doing 75 ! So maybe
yeah, we can drive on -ice-, just not plain old pavement.

Old 14-02-2007, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"Otto Bahn" wrote in news:eqsmh7$m55$1
@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

Why, are you feeling peckish?

I'm hungry for some crotchety.

I was told we don't do pRon on this here chatroom.

Old 14-02-2007, 01:17 AM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

Vandy Terre wrote in
:

Some of us top post because we want to irritate spammers
that post across several unrelated newsgroups.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:23:42 -0000, (Dick
Adams) wrote:

R M. Watkin wrote:

The reason that people top post is because all the excess
dross is not sniped.

The reason that people top post is because they are too
damn lazy to snip the irrevelant portions of the message to
which they are responding.

This means you have to wade through the whole post to get
to the point.

This does not happen when posters follow net etiquette.

Hope this helps you.

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study
identifying the various other social disfunctionalities
associated with people who top-post to newsgroups.

Spammers ? Where !?!?!?!!!!1111?one

Oh, you mean people who xpost ! I thought someone was trying
sell V1agRa or something, and was all ready with a witty reply
as to why a good portion of the readers would not be
interested, and those that might be certainly wouldn't want
the rest of the world (or at least that part reached by
usenet) to know about it.

Of course, you are also implying that no one on either group
posted to is interested in either gardening or alternate
religions, and that would be just wrong, as I, for one, might
hold an interest in both. And maybe at the same time.