Old 14-02-2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Ttop posting.

TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:
Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:07:29 -0500, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

top posting snipers

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric
study identifying the various other social
disfunctionalities associated with people who top-post
to newsgroups.

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top
posting is pretty minor.

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs
after 65 million years of dominating the earth, nuclear
weapon development in Iran is pretty minor.

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from
the snow belt?

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is
*finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms here!
Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and
news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Patience will be rewarded. 2006 was the hottest year
on record in the US, and the fifth hottest year in
the world on record (following only 1998, 2002, 2003
and 2005). The past 9 years have all been among the
25 warmest years on record for the continental US.
Every single year since 1993 has been in the top 20
warmest years on record, globally. Researchers predict
that temperatures worldwide will increase between 2
and 8 degrees by the end of the century.

So, my advice is to stay put and wait it out.

Old 14-02-2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On 14 Feb 2007 01:07:37 GMT, TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:

Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

snip

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is
*finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms here!
Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and
news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

HAW HAW, you get two lake effects, you looZ3rs! The loony ice
fishermen were herded off Erie yesterday; perhaps we could send 'em
out on Huron?! And lake effect snowstorms usually strike below Buffalo
and 30 miles north of me, so I'm just getting a good old-fashioned
snowfall.

Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Old 14-02-2007, 08:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:41:09 -0600, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Chris McGonnell wrote:

[...]

La'ff now babe...

Ever seen "The Day After Tomorrow"?

I'm glad I live in South Texas.

Down in the South Texas town of El Paso?

Old 14-02-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

Why, are you feeling peckish?

I'm hungry for some crotchety.

I was told we don't do pRon on this here chatroom.

Well, duh. The usenet has binary groups for a reason.

--oTTo--
Old 14-02-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

In article ,
Chris McGonnell wrote:

[...]

;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 14-02-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

[snurps]

"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote

No cluons were harmed when Otto Bahn wrote:
Well, duh. The usenet has binary groups for a reason.

So you're sayin' there's only two newsgroups? I think you are badly
mistaken - I count at least THREE!

Q. E. Friggin' D.!

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old 14-02-2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"Mark Edwards" wrote

"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote
I was told we don't do pRon on this here chatroom.

No cluons were harmed when Otto Bahn wrote:
Well, duh. The usenet has binary groups for a reason.

So you're sayin' there's only two newsgroups? I think you are badly
mistaken - I count at least THREE!

Q. E. Friggin' D.!

I hope you meant hierarchies and not groups.

--oTTo--
Old 14-02-2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Chris McGonnell wrote:

[...]

Not quite... :-)
But being female, I won't be
"Fallin' in love with a mexican gal"...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 14-02-2007, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Omelet wrote:

But being female, I won't be
"Fallin' in love with a mexican gal"...

Seinfeld
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
/Seinfeld

Now I'll have that tune running through my head for the rest of the day.

Old 14-02-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:16:08 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

Omelet wrote:

But being female, I won't be
"Fallin' in love with a mexican gal"...

Seinfeld
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
/Seinfeld

Now I'll have that tune running through my head for the rest of the day.

Um . . . d00d? Those aren't the lyrics to the theme song from
"Seinfeld," mostly on account of there aren't any lyrics to the theme
song from "Seinfeld."

Old 15-02-2007, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

On 14 Feb 2007 01:07:37 GMT, TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:

Chris McGonnell wrote in
m:

snip

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie
is *finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms
here! Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least,
and news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of
snow. And Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure
how much will fall before it stops or where it will fall so
we will make up this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE
YOU IDIOTS"

HAW HAW, you get two lake effects, you looZ3rs! The loony
ice fishermen were herded off Erie yesterday; perhaps we
could send 'em out on Huron?! And lake effect snowstorms
usually strike below Buffalo and 30 miles north of me, so
I'm just getting a good old-fashioned snowfall.

Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?

Too late. The roads are cleared, my drive is shoveled, the
dog has pooped several times in the nice maze I dug her and
the good booze got all bought up by the dudes what have
snowplows on their huge honking trucks (plows that,
apparantly, don't plow snow unless it is in the way of booze
runs). So no thanks, unless the Bernards have some good booze
in their barrels and the sense not to drink it all up before
they get here.

--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
utter negation of human freedom, the denial of equal rights, a
challenge in the face of mankind." A. Kolnai
Old 15-02-2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Omelet wrote:

But being female, I won't be
"Fallin' in love with a mexican gal"...

Seinfeld
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
/Seinfeld

Now I'll have that tune running through my head for the rest of the day.

Gary Woods

lol
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 16-02-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On 15 Feb 2007 00:21:49 GMT, TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:
snip
Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?

Too late. The roads are cleared, my drive is shoveled, the
dog has pooped several times in the nice maze I dug her and
the good booze got all bought up by the dudes what have
snowplows on their huge honking trucks (plows that,
apparantly, don't plow snow unless it is in the way of booze
runs). So no thanks, unless the Bernards have some good booze
in their barrels and the sense not to drink it all up before
they get here.

My St. Bernards usually have those little kegs of brandy on their
collars -- would you prefer Grand Marnier?

Old 16-02-2007, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:05:02 -0500, Doctroid wrote:

In article huWdncXuW_pD_k_YnZ2dnUVZ_umlnZ2d@newedgenetworks. com,
Marc Goodman wrote:

TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:
You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and
news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Patience will be rewarded. 2006 was the hottest year
on record in the US, and the fifth hottest year in
the world on record (following only 1998, 2002, 2003
and 2005). The past 9 years have all been among the
25 warmest years on record for the continental US.
Every single year since 1993 has been in the top 20
warmest years on record, globally. Researchers predict
that temperatures worldwide will increase between 2
and 8 degrees by the end of the century.

So, my advice is to stay put and wait it out.

Well, duh, why do you think we got all this lake effect snow? Hot
weather - lake warms up - lake stays warmer than usual - cold air
blows across it - WACKINESS ENSUES.

It's the price we pay for being able to be out in shorts and a t shirt
in early January.

Yeah, and clement summer weather, too. Baseball starts in 43 days.

Old 16-02-2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

In article ,
"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote:

And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Not in Oswego County it isn't. There "lake effect" means "go look at
the radar and you'll see it, Mother Nature giving us the finger plain as
day".

--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.