Old 16-02-2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Ttop posting.

In article huWdncXuW_pD_k_YnZ2dnUVZ_umlnZ2d@newedgenetworks. com,
Marc Goodman wrote:

TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:
You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the
Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and
news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Patience will be rewarded. 2006 was the hottest year
on record in the US, and the fifth hottest year in
the world on record (following only 1998, 2002, 2003
and 2005). The past 9 years have all been among the
25 warmest years on record for the continental US.
Every single year since 1993 has been in the top 20
warmest years on record, globally. Researchers predict
that temperatures worldwide will increase between 2
and 8 degrees by the end of the century.

So, my advice is to stay put and wait it out.

Well, duh, why do you think we got all this lake effect snow? Hot
weather - lake warms up - lake stays warmer than usual - cold air
blows across it - WACKINESS ENSUES.

It's the price we pay for being able to be out in shorts and a t shirt
in early January.

--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.
Old 16-02-2007, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"Doctroid" wrote

And
Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will
fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up
this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"

Not in Oswego County it isn't. There "lake effect" means "go look at
the radar and you'll see it, Mother Nature giving us the finger plain as
day".

Finger lakes!

--oTTo--
Old 17-02-2007, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

On 15 Feb 2007 00:21:49 GMT, TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:
snip
Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?

Too late. The roads are cleared, my drive is shoveled, the
dog has pooped several times in the nice maze I dug her and
the good booze got all bought up by the dudes what have
snowplows on their huge honking trucks (plows that,
apparantly, don't plow snow unless it is in the way of
booze runs). So no thanks, unless the Bernards have some
good booze in their barrels and the sense not to drink it
all up before they get here.

My St. Bernards usually have those little kegs of brandy on
their collars -- would you prefer Grand Marnier?

A nice cognac would do. Hell, fill 'er up with Hypnotique,
may as well have blue booze for blue(sy) weather, eh?

Stopped and got some of the flavored fake "wine" that is
really just an expensive wine wooler dressed up in a big
bottle. Not bad for cheap stuff, tastes like fizzy fruit
juice, hits the brane like wine after the 2nd glass. I'm
getting my hair cut n colored tomorrow, so I don't want to be
hung-over in the midst of all those chemicals. Might not hold
still well enough, get a crooked cut or lop-sided dark-lights.

--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
utter negation of human freedom, the denial of equal rights, a
challenge in the face of mankind." A. Kolnai
Old 17-02-2007, 06:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

In article ,
"TeaLady (Mari C.)" wrote:

Chris McGonnell wrote in
:

[...]

Just finished watching Northern Exposu Season 2: Disc 3 fist episode.
We haven't even got to cabin fever yet and your making me miss winter.
- Bill

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum.
Old 17-02-2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On 2007-02-11, R M. Watkin wrote:

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

What armaments have you been using to shoot at this dross?

Is it Dross Season already?

And me without my camouflage waders!

Also: My newsreader says alt.english.usage doesn't exist. So there!

--

-=[ THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY NOT BLANK ]=-

Old 17-02-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:04:00 -0800, William Rose
wrote:

Just finished watching Northern Exposu Season 2: Disc 3 fist episode.

I'm not sure whether this is making me glad or sorry I never watched
Northern Exposure. Who knew they could get away with that stuff on
network TV?

BW
Old 20-02-2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

wrote:

Just finished watching Northern Exposu Season 2: Disc 3 fist episode.

^^^^
That was a nasty one, for sure.
Old 21-02-2007, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

On Feb 11, 6:28 am, Adam Funk wrote:
E Pfeiffer, _Soil fertility, renewal & preservation: bio-dynamic
farming and gardening_:

Brehmer reports that potassium in the vicinity of potatoes ---
separated by an air space from the containers in which the plants
are growing --- was able to increase the growth and the potassium
content of the potatoes. Stoklasa shows that potassium (in sealed
test-tubes hung over growing plants) alters the rate of growth of
the plants. We should like to add that we have been able to make
this experiment, the validity of which we are able to confirm by
having obtained corresponding results. Ried shows that the
presence of potassium and other salts in the vicinity of animals
can have a far-reaching influence on their growth and above all on
their reproduction. And there are numberless experiments which
demonstrate the influence of irradiated and non-irradiated metals,
in their effects at a distance upon the development of bacteria
cultures.

Has anyone tried this recently?

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't
PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium.
What really happened (upon careful reanalysis) was that Archie was
eating all the bugs. No wonder the plants were flourishing. Plus the
occasional 'accident' added excellent (if somewhat unsanitary)
fertilizer to the area. But we're all wondering now, how the heck can
we get him out of Idaho and back to Darmouth. The dishes are piling
up back there, anyway.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Old 24-02-2007, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,sci.physics,alt.religion.kibology

On 2007-02-21, user923005 wrote:

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't
PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium.

Maybe the copy I looked at was a bad translation. Thanks for
clarifying that.

--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right

Old 28-02-2007, 05:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.]
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:42:26 GMT, Salmon Egg
wrote:

On 2/20/07 8:12 PM, in article
, "user923005"
wrote:

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't
PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium.

And it wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster.

--
The meek shall inherit the earth -- they are too weak to refuse.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 AM posted to alt.religion.kibology,sci.bio.herp,rec.gardens.edible

On 2007-02-28, Bill Marcum wrote:

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't
PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium.

And it wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster.

But where were the Paper Tiger and Scissors Lizard when this happened?

--
Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp
out of the blue, no explanation.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,sci.bio.herp,rec.gardens.edible

On 2007-02-28, Bill Marcum wrote:

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't
PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium.

And it wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster.

But where were the Paper Tiger and Scissors Lizard when this happened?

Archie Pu had already gotten Paper Tiger to chase him around the
little shrublets until Paper Tiger churned himself into butter! which
Archie Pu spread on Scissors Lizard before eating him all up!

Moral of the Story:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

The Ennud

Dr. Hot"Don't sprinkle me on no damn lizard"Salt