Old 11-02-2007, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

E Pfeiffer, _Soil fertility, renewal & preservation: bio-dynamic
farming and gardening_:

Brehmer reports that potassium in the vicinity of potatoes ---
separated by an air space from the containers in which the plants
are growing --- was able to increase the growth and the potassium
content of the potatoes. Stoklasa shows that potassium (in sealed
test-tubes hung over growing plants) alters the rate of growth of
the plants. We should like to add that we have been able to make
this experiment, the validity of which we are able to confirm by
having obtained corresponding results. Ried shows that the
presence of potassium and other salts in the vicinity of animals
can have a far-reaching influence on their growth and above all on
their reproduction. And there are numberless experiments which
demonstrate the influence of irradiated and non-irradiated metals,
in their effects at a distance upon the development of bacteria
cultures.

Has anyone tried this recently?

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Default Ttop posting.

Hi All,

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

R M. Watkin wrote:
Hi All,

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

Please to be explaining why you are unable to edit the posts to which
you are replying.

Matthew

--
I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

[snipes]

No cluons were harmed when R M. Watkin wrote:
The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross
is not sniped.

This is simply not true. Some of us always snipe at the excess dross.
Others, like me, snipe at dross even when it is not in excess. Many people
snipe simply to be sniping. I don't know how many snipers actually own the
requisite sniper rifles, so I won't hazard a guess, but there are probably
enough to trim down the number of top posters and dross posters.

This means you have to wade through the whole
post to get to the point. Hope this helps you.

What if the whole post only comes up to your ankles? Is this still wading?
Or does the post have to come up to your waist to be considered as wading?
What if the post is so noxious as to dissolve reinforced concrete - does
top posting matter if you refuse to wade in at all?

As for help, I would hope someone would throw me a line and pull me out
if I waded in too deeply and found myself unable to make my way back to the
firm solidity of Terra Usenetta. If that person used the line to drag me
under, however, it might be funny, but would not be very helpful...

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On 2/11/07 6:28 AM, in article , "Adam
Funk" wrote:

[...]

This is unadulterated crap! If you can truly PROVE that potassium nitrate in
a hermetically sealed glass tube leaning against a potato plant stem
increases the potassium content of the potatoes, while an empty tube of the
same nature does not, you would be a shoo-in for a Nobel prize in chemistry!
Moreover, explaining how that works would put you alongside Lavoisier as one
of the most famous chemists of all time.

Bill
-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

R M. Watkin wrote:

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped.

The reason that people top post is because they are too damn lazy
to snip the irrevelant portions of the message to which they are
responding.

This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point.

This does not happen when posters follow net etiquette.

Hope this helps you.

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying
the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who
top-post to newsgroups.

Dick
Old 12-02-2007, 06:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:02:22 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:41:46 -0000, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[snipes]

No cluons were harmed when R M. Watkin wrote:
The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross
is not sniped.

This is simply not true. Some of us always snipe at the excess dross.
Others, like me, snipe at dross even when it is not in excess. Many people
snipe simply to be sniping. I don't know how many snipers actually own the
requisite sniper rifles, so I won't hazard a guess, but there are probably
enough to trim down the number of top posters and dross posters.

*swoon*

*thud*

Penelope, just don't go on a snipe hunt with Mark.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:07:29 -0500, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

top posting snipers

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying
the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who
top-post to newsgroups.

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top posting is pretty
minor.

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs after 65 million
years of dominating the earth, nuclear weapon development in Iran is
pretty minor.

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from
the snow belt?

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is *finally*
iced over, so no more lake effect storms here! Lake Ontario is the
culprit over Oswego County.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.english.usage,alt.religion.kibology

On 2007-02-11, R M. Watkin wrote:

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

What armaments have you been using to shoot at this dross?

--
Lisp: You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with
which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with

Old 12-02-2007, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

Funk" wrote:

[...]

I must admit it does seem close to impossible, but then I am not chemist.

Richard M. Watkin.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote

top posting snipers

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying
the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who
top-post to newsgroups.

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top posting is pretty
minor.

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs after 65 million
years of dominating the earth, nuclear weapon development in Iran is
pretty minor.

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from
the snow belt?

Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?

--oTTo--
Old 12-02-2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

In article ,
"Matthew L. Martin" wrote:

R M. Watkin wrote:
Hi All,

The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross is not
sniped. This means you have to wade through the whole post to get to the
point. Hope this helps you.

Please to be explaining why you are unable to edit the posts to which
you are replying.

Matthew

Uh, tough winter, huh?
I mean, I enjoy a good donnybrook as well as the next person but maybe
we could just snip the "diss" out of disfunctional, pull up our socks,
and get on with the gardening.

If not, I go and get a Guinness and wait for you to come back to your
senses.

- Bill

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum