GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Warming up the soil. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/155589-warming-up-soil.html)

James 21-03-2007 05:52 PM

Warming up the soil.

I'm going to put some cheap plastic drop clothes over the bed. Only a
buck for 9x12 thin clear plastic in the paint dept. Since it's flat
over the soil it won't be torn by high winds. Just have to weigh down
the edges with some soil.

Omelet 21-03-2007 08:45 PM

Warming up the soil.

In article .com,
"James" wrote:

I'm going to put some cheap plastic drop clothes over the bed. Only a
buck for 9x12 thin clear plastic in the paint dept. Since it's flat
over the soil it won't be torn by high winds. Just have to weigh down
the edges with some soil.

Black plastic heats soil better...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

len garden 22-03-2007 08:21 PM

Warming up the soil.

g'day james,

a thick layer of mulch hay will do the same job and also add nutrients
as it breaks down.

On 21 Mar 2007 10:52:44 -0700, "James" wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--