GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can I root raspberries from canes? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/156265-can-i-root-raspberries-canes.html)

Gordon George 03-04-2007 11:19 PM

Can I root raspberries from canes?

Is it possible to root raspberries from canes?

I have approximately a dozen or so plants that I planted along a fence last year and they prospered well, but I'd like to speed up the process and plant additional stalks.

i am wondering the best way to do this.

Should I dig up and separate the roots of existing plants or can I take a cane and somehow cause it to root?

Thank you.

Maryc 05-04-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon George (Post 702474)
Is it possible to root raspberries from canes?

I have approximately a dozen or so plants that I planted along a fence last year and they prospered well, but I'd like to speed up the process and plant additional stalks.

i am wondering the best way to do this.

Should I dig up and separate the roots of existing plants or can I take a cane and somehow cause it to root?

Thank you.

You can dig up the roots or you can take a cane and make like a little hole and bend it down to the ground and cover it with dirt and it should get some roots in time. Blackberries do the same thing.

Have a great day!!
Mary