GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Burpee's is still in business; new tomato variety (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/1564-burpees-still-business%3B-new-tomato-variety.html)

Minteeleaf 20-02-2003 01:51 PM

Burpee's is still in business; new tomato variety

I read in a ng that Burpee's was out of business;
this is not true. I was just at their website.
They appear to be doing fine.

I have read considerable discussion about Brandwine tomatoes;
they have a new cultivar, a hybrid bred from Brandywine,
named Brandyboy. It has the same flavor as its parent, but
is supposed to produce far more fruits.

I just read this a few minutes ago & thought maybe some of
you Brandywine lovers might want to read about it.
I am not affiliated with the company; this is simply new
info (for me) that I thought others might care about.

My tomato choices for this year are done, & are not
this variety. :-)

Minteeleaf

Larry Blanchard 27-02-2003 02:39 PM

Burpee's is still in business; new tomato variety

In article ,
says...
Burpee has closed its four retail outlets to focus on catalog and Internet
sales.

I have read considerable discussion about Brandwine tomatoes;
they have a new cultivar, a hybrid bred from Brandywine,
named Brandyboy. It has the same flavor as its parent, but
is supposed to produce far more fruits.

I saw that somewhere else and bought a packet, despite already having my
seed for this year. I can always squeeze in one more plant :-).

--
It's turtles - all the way down!