GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/15645-blue-tomatoes-blue-tomatoe-seeds.html)

old whats his name 20-04-2003 02:44 AM

Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds

I am looking for Blue Tomatoe seed or blue tomatoe plants.

They are not really blue, more like a dark pink.

They are much lower in acid than the normal red tomatoes.

I have looked at all the online seed catalogs and haven't had a hit
yet.

Can anyone help me?

Please advise.......

Zphysics1 20-04-2003 04:32 PM

Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds

black prince
black krim
black from tula
cherokee purple
black brandywine

/z.

Prometheia 23-04-2003 07:32 AM

old whats his name wrote in message . ..
I am looking for Blue Tomatoe seed or blue tomatoe plants.

They are not really blue, more like a dark pink.

They are much lower in acid than the normal red tomatoes.

I have looked at all the online seed catalogs and haven't had a hit
yet.

Can anyone help me?

Please advise.......

I've seen them on the online catalog of http://www.mariseeds.com/.
This is what is says: Blue Very productive. Small beefsteaks are
dark purple brown with green shoulders. Exceptional rich flavor. This
is a very rare potato leaf plant. Det. 80 days.

Hope you have great tomatoes!