GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/156721-tomatoes-tobacco-mosaic-early-blight.html)

kurtk 12-04-2007 02:28 PM

Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight?

Hi,

Has anyone had their crops ravaged by either of these? It seems that I have
one or the other. We gave some of the plants from the same source to a
friend, who also has the same symptoms.

What steps should be taken to eradicate this?

Kurt

The Cook 12-04-2007 03:51 PM

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:28:38 GMT, "kurtk" wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone had their crops ravaged by either of these? It seems that I have
one or the other. We gave some of the plants from the same source to a
friend, who also has the same symptoms.

What steps should be taken to eradicate this?

Kurt

My first 2 thoughts are find another source of plants and put them in
another location.

This site has good information.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Look here to locate your local Extension office.
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html
--
Susan N.

Mel M Kelly 12-04-2007 08:56 PM

Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight?

I spray my tomatoes once a week late in the evening with a good
fungicide that also has bacteria disease fighting in it. I also add 1/2
aspirin per gal. of water. It works for me. I had a 2lb. 10 oz tom last
year.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Manelli Family 12-04-2007 09:57 PM

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I spray my tomatoes once a week late in the evening with a good
fungicide that also has bacteria disease fighting in it. I also add 1/2
aspirin per gal. of water. It works for me. I had a 2lb. 10 oz tom last
year.

It's safe for human consumption? What is the name of the product?

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

George.com 13-04-2007 06:57 AM

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I spray my tomatoes once a week late in the evening with a good
fungicide that also has bacteria disease fighting in it. I also add 1/2
aspirin per gal. of water. It works for me. I had a 2lb. 10 oz tom last
year.

my tomatos got early blight, I sprayed them several times with copper. Did
the trick.

rob

Mel M Kelly 13-04-2007 09:02 PM

Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight?

I will have to go out to the shed and look. I got it at a Amish supply
store. It only takes 1 1/2 oz per gal once a week to 10 days. The
aspirin you can use any brand. I think you could use any fungicide like
greenhouses use. What I use came in a 2 1/2 gal. can and I paid $70 but
at 1 1/2 oz per gal I have a lifetime supply. I have let some of my
master gardener friends have some of it also.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Manelli Family 13-04-2007 10:45 PM

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I will have to go out to the shed and look. I got it at a Amish supply
store. It only takes 1 1/2 oz per gal once a week to 10 days. The
aspirin you can use any brand. I think you could use any fungicide like
greenhouses use. What I use came in a 2 1/2 gal. can and I paid $70 but
at 1 1/2 oz per gal I have a lifetime supply. I have let some of my
master gardener friends have some of it also.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a safe fungicide for veggies. :^)