Old 31-05-2007, 06:37 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

Default Hey Terri

On 2007-05-30, Michael Kuettner wrote:

I'd also suggest planting some rosemary bushes.
I just planted two that afternoon; now they're still tiny but they'll grow
AND RULE THE WORLD (at least here in Italy).
If you live in a place with a mild climate, they're ideal.
Need little water and are teh yummy with nearly everything.

I heartily endorse this product and/or service!!!

BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds, the sale of which is
a big con. Sharing cuttings seems to work about half the time,
however.

--
I put bomb in squirrel's briefcase and who gets blown up? Me!
Old 31-05-2007, 07:41 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

¬R
Old 31-05-2007, 07:47 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

¬R

At what age does Rosemary bloom?
Mine has been in the ground a good 7 years and never has.

Southwest exposure, South Central Texas.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 31-05-2007, 08:22 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

¬R

They had serious acid rain in Germany. Instead of voluntary industrial
reductions of SO2 emissions, reductions were mandated with fines. Guess
what? They got a 30% reduction. I the US same problem, voluntary goals
were set, no change. In the Black Forest, I talked to government
employees who were cleaning out government installed bird houses, to
encourage more nesting and progeny. Germans take care of their forests.

Germans love their forests. To enjoy them, there are thousands of
kilometers of "wanderwegs" hiking paths with benches, barbecues and huts
for shelter from the rain.

Germans were among the first to recycle clear glass, colored glass and,
metal. East Germany is going to be a real test for them though. Toxic
waste sites all over the place.

Because so many Germans migrated to this country (as cheap labor), most
of their customs will seem familiar. Dining, they prefer meat and
potatoes. Sound familiar?

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum
Old 31-05-2007, 10:52 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

On 2007-05-31, Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

I didn't say it's impossible for rosemary to grow [intransitively]
from seeds. But I could have said more precisely that it's
"impractical" or "practically impossible" [for people] to grow it
[transitively].

However, some plants do spread naturally by non-seedy means.

--
Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. We apologise for

Old 01-06-2007, 12:06 AM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

"Omelet" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
In article ,
Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Nope.
Take a mixture of sand, normal garden earth and the blood of a black cocquerel
slaughtered at midnight of Walpurgisnacht.
The seed will grow.

At what age does Rosemary bloom?
Mine has been in the ground a good 7 years and never has.

Southwest exposure, South Central Texas.

Give it fertilizer and water during spring.
Cut it off from water during the beginning of summer.
Then just some drops.

That could emulate the conditions of Italy.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Old 01-06-2007, 01:58 AM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

¬R

At what age does Rosemary bloom?

My cousin? About 15.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?