Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Made Poppers tonight

Took about 12 of my Jalapeños and stuffed them with cream cheese and dipped
them in an egg mix then in flower and fried them in some oil.
Those suckers were good. I have 4 different kinds of Jalapeños some of them
are hot, still good but hot. Next time I am going to rap them in bacon.
I cant wait until the tomatoes start to ripen.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Poppers are a treat around here too. believe it or not, my 2yr old even
loves them!
And of course, the hotter, the better! lol

news

Old 06-06-2007, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

Took about 12 of my Jalapeños and stuffed them with cream cheese and dipped
them in an egg mix then in flower and fried them in some oil.
Those suckers were good. I have 4 different kinds of Jalapeños some of them
are hot, still good but hot. Next time I am going to rap them in bacon.
I cant wait until the tomatoes start to ripen.

It's amazing how you can take a perfectly healthy food, like jalapenos
and turn them into widow-makers.

-Billy
Old 06-06-2007, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

Took about 12 of my Jalapeños and stuffed them with cream cheese and dipped
them in an egg mix then in flower and fried them in some oil.
Those suckers were good. I have 4 different kinds of Jalapeños some of them
are hot, still good but hot. Next time I am going to rap them in bacon.
I cant wait until the tomatoes start to ripen.

It's amazing how you can take a perfectly healthy food, like jalapenos
and turn them into widow-makers.

-Billy

Sometimes ya just gotta!

They are good cheddar stuffed too, but the cream cheese helps take the
heat down some.

We don't deep fry them here tho', They get cheese stuff, bacon wrapped
and GRILLED over mesquite. Pepper Jack is a good stuffing.

aka "Armadillo eggs".

The lack of breading turns them into an Atkins diet item. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

[...]

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson

we prefer them with the cheddar cheese filling too. i hadn't thought to try
them with pepper jack - good idea!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

We don't deep fry them here tho', They get cheese stuff, bacon wrapped
and GRILLED over mesquite. Pepper Jack is a good stuffing.

aka "Armadillo eggs".

The lack of breading turns them into an Atkins diet item. ;-)

we prefer them with the cheddar cheese filling too. i hadn't thought to try
them with pepper jack - good idea!

Got that idea from a friend that regularly serves them at BBQ's.

I want to try them with Cheddar/Jack one of these days.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , Charlie wrote:

You a chess player?

Just enough to embarrass myself.

I like some roasted and grilled veggies (mostly roots) but I started
drawing the line at grilled cantaloupe. Grilled romaine sounds over the
top. I want the vitamine C that is destroyed by cooking and, I already
gobble enough pills. But hey, I'm not the food police. There is no
advance without experimentation.

Pawn to King 3.

- Bill
Old 07-06-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message
Poppers are a treat around here too. believe it or not, my 2yr old even
loves them!
And of course, the hotter, the better! lol

Wow that is impressive. My daughter likes hot peppers but she's 13

Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

Took about 12 of my Jalapeños and stuffed them with cream cheese and
dipped
them in an egg mix then in flower and fried them in some oil.
Those suckers were good. I have 4 different kinds of Jalapeños some of
them
are hot, still good but hot. Next time I am going to rap them in bacon.
I cant wait until the tomatoes start to ripen.

It's amazing how you can take a perfectly healthy food, like jalapenos
and turn them into widow-makers.

Low cholesterol oil. LOL

I do have a problem I like stuff fried. Maybe I will try to barbecue them
next time.

-Billy