GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rain barrel directions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/159696-rain-barrel-directions.html)

Glenna Rose 07-06-2007 07:47 AM

Rain barrel directions

http://www.lakewhatcom.wsu.edu/garde...ters/04_08.htm

On this page, at the end of the second paragraph is a link to click on for
2-page directions on how to make a rain barrel.

I purchase my barrels from a local food company that makes teriyaki sauce
so the barrels are food quality. Of course the rain water collected may
not be, but I know the barrels are.

Puckdropper 07-06-2007 01:34 PM

Rain barrel directions

(Glenna Rose) wrote in
news:fc.003d0941022a0c28003d0941022a0c28.22a0c2a@p mug.org:

http://www.lakewhatcom.wsu.edu/garde...ters/04_08.htm

On this page, at the end of the second paragraph is a link to click on
for 2-page directions on how to make a rain barrel.

I purchase my barrels from a local food company that makes teriyaki
sauce so the barrels are food quality. Of course the rain water
collected may not be, but I know the barrels are.

1. Buy barrel.
2. Direct water from downspout into barrel.
3. Use water.

2 pages?

Jan Flora 07-06-2007 11:24 PM

Rain barrel directions

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

(Glenna Rose) wrote in
news:fc.003d0941022a0c28003d0941022a0c28.22a0c2a@p mug.org:

http://www.lakewhatcom.wsu.edu/garde...ters/04_08.htm

On this page, at the end of the second paragraph is a link to click on
for 2-page directions on how to make a rain barrel.

I purchase my barrels from a local food company that makes teriyaki
sauce so the barrels are food quality. Of course the rain water
collected may not be, but I know the barrels are.

1. Buy barrel.
2. Direct water from downspout into barrel.
3. Use water.

2 pages?

On "This Old House" they showed a rainbarrel with a
hose spigot near the bottom, so the owner could hook
up a drip system to it. Cool idea!

Jan

FarmI 08-06-2007 09:46 AM

Rain barrel directions

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message

I purchase my barrels from a local food company that makes teriyaki sauce
so the barrels are food quality. Of course the rain water collected may
not be, but I know the barrels are.

Glenna if you collect rain water off your roof and you don't live in an area
of heavy pollution then you should have no problems drinking the water. I'm
in my mid 50s and have drunk rain water collected from the roof for about 40
of those years. This is the most common method to obtain drinking water in
rural areas in my country and I've not heard of anyone bothering to use
filtering techniques. Bird poop is mostly phosphorus and it's not a problem
to humans.