GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re(2): Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/159708-re-2-home-gardening-becomes-even-more-imperative.html)

Glenna Rose 07-06-2007 08:09 AM

Re(2): Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

writes:

Get a debit card. No interest. We got one just for shopping online and
on ebay. (We don't believe in credit cards.)

Jan

I opened a second account at my credit union specifically for on-line
purchases. It is set to not auto-transfer when there is an overdraft and
without check protect. That way if anyone does manage to get the number,
etc., all they can get is what is in there which is only what I expect to
use in the next day or so. It has worked extremely well.

Glenna

Omelet 07-06-2007 08:18 AM

Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article fc.003d0941022a0c4d3b9aca0025ccf169.22a0c52@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

Get a debit card. No interest. We got one just for shopping online and
on ebay. (We don't believe in credit cards.)

Jan

I opened a second account at my credit union specifically for on-line
purchases. It is set to not auto-transfer when there is an overdraft and
without check protect. That way if anyone does manage to get the number,
etc., all they can get is what is in there which is only what I expect to
use in the next day or so. It has worked extremely well.

Glenna

That is not a bad idea... Thanks!
I never even thought of that.

Do you transfer funds from your main account to it?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.