GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/159722-re-home-gardening-becomes-even-more-imperative.html)

Glenna Rose 07-06-2007 05:32 PM

Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

Thank you. :-)

writes:

The Hindenburg
My mess, my clean-up. Feller can't even get away with a little hyperbole
these days. Next time I'll take it one teeny word at a time:-)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/au...?ex=1335499200
&en=acdbd204f3df0ab5&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=r ss

also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindenburg_disaster

7,000,000 cubic ft. of H2, and it's container(The Hindenburg), burned in
34 sec. Maybe no a bang but, it certainly wasn't a whimper. The hydrogen
was the fuel. St. Elmo's Fire may have been the ignition.

?Electrical conditions in the atmosphere were probably a little risky.
Earlier in the day, rubber factories in northern New Jersey had been
closed due to static in the air; the fear was that stocks of carbon
black might ignite.?
------

The "Space Shuttle" runs on hydrogen and oxygen. Pound for pound the
best "bang" for your buck that you can get.

Y'all can go back to pullin' weeds now.

- Billy