GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hanging Strawberry Plant - Small Fruit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/160294-hanging-strawberry-plant-small-fruit.html)

Anonymous 18-06-2007 04:57 PM

Hanging Strawberry Plant - Small Fruit

Good Day All!

About a month ago, we purchased a hanging strawberry plant from a local
nursery. All berries the first couple of weeks were great. Everything
since has been very small, smaller than a dime.

The plant is grown in some type of hydroscopic gel, which mulch. We have
limited the runners to six, and daughters on each runner to two (as directed
by the instructions with the plant). We water daily, and have fertilized
once.

Does anybody know what I should do to increase the berry size?

Thank you,

Tim
Southern New Jersey (Zone 6)

Brian Watson 19-06-2007 08:29 AM

"Anonymous" wrote in message
Good Day All!

About a month ago, we purchased a hanging strawberry plant from a local
nursery. All berries the first couple of weeks were great. Everything
since has been very small, smaller than a dime.

The plant is grown in some type of hydroscopic gel, which mulch. We have
limited the runners to six, and daughters on each runner to two (as
directed by the instructions with the plant). We water daily, and have
fertilized once.

Does anybody know what I should do to increase the berry size?

Grow a different variety, at a guess.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

--
Brian