GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone tried Ropel? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/160420-anyone-tried-ropel.html)

Steve Latham 21-06-2007 01:08 AM

Anyone tried Ropel?

Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones
(interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for free,
but only the ones I paid for!),

I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets from
chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???

Any experience with these?

Thanks,
Steve

Garbodanno 21-06-2007 05:26 AM

Anyone tried Ropel?

"Steve Latham" wrote in message
Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones
(interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for free,
but only the ones I paid for!),

I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets
from chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???

Any experience with these?

The only cure for groundhogs is a dog or a 22.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Latham 21-06-2007 06:32 PM

Anyone tried Ropel?

"Garbodanno" wrote in message

"Steve Latham" wrote in message
Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones
(interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for
free, but only the ones I paid for!),

I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets
from chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???

Any experience with these?

The only cure for groundhogs is a dog or a 22.

I'm afraid my aim with a 22 would be more of a hazard to me than the GH. Got
a dog, but they're inside dogs, so their being outside can miss the time my
little tomato-eating friend is out there.

Thanks.
Steve

Lar 22-06-2007 04:58 AM

Anyone tried Ropel?

Steve Latham wrote:
Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones
(interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for free,
but only the ones I paid for!),

I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets from
chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???

Any experience with these?

Thanks,
Steve

Ropel works on what the animal is chewing on so the item needs to be
sprayed and I don't think I would take the chance the the "taste" would
be taken into the plant/fruit of the tomato itself.

Lar