GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   peppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/160430-re-peppers.html)

Glenna Rose 21-06-2007 06:03 AM

peppers

writes:
Anybody have any good recommendations for an "organic" fertilizer for
peppers? Not doing to good with just manure this year. Growth is
stunted
like. I've had lots of blossoms, but only 2 peppers. They have only
grown
about 2 inches since planting. I have a variety of peppers, sweet & hot.
Significant amount of water each day, but not too much. No problem with
bugs
& other pests, no spots or browning on leaves. All other plants that
were
planted the same day as the peppers are doing fine, even doubled their
size.
Just having trouble with the peppers lagging behind in growth. Do they
need
some other type of fertilizer, or is something else wrong?

thanks for any input,
Rachael aka Rae

PS: in south/sandhill area of NC

I don't grow a lot of hot peppers but my experience with peppers in
general is that they don't really get going until the weather gets hot.
At least here in my corner of the world, they like the warm weather which
us western Pacific Northwesterners don't get until now or later.

Patience may pay off well for you and as July gets closer, they will stand
up to the plate and be in good shape by August.

Glenna

Billy Rose 21-06-2007 07:00 AM

peppers

In article fc.003d0941022b0ea53b9aca00e7280970.22b0eaa@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
[...]

I'm coming at this slowly. All the above and keep the mulch off until
the heat arrives.

Your buddy,
--
Billy

Rachael Simpson 21-06-2007 03:05 PM

peppers

(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
[...]

Oh the heat is definitely here................