GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re(2): Anyone tried Ropel? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/160466-re-2-anyone-tried-ropel.html)

Glenna Rose 22-06-2007 07:21 AM

Re(2): Anyone tried Ropel?

writes:
Steve Latham wrote:
Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones
(interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for

free,
but only the ones I paid for!),

I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets

from
chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???

Any experience with these?

Thanks,
Steve

Ropel works on what the animal is chewing on so the item needs to be
sprayed and I don't think I would take the chance the the "taste" would
be taken into the plant/fruit of the tomato itself.

Lar

How would sprinkling cayenne pepper on them, or better yet, habanero, work?

When we had a dog eating eggs, we fixed some special eggs for him, filled
them with a bit of cayenne pepper - cured him completely!

Glenna