GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rain Dance (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/160950-rain-dance.html)

Tim 29-06-2007 03:23 PM

Rain Dance

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim
In every case, take the high road.

Hud 29-06-2007 06:33 PM

Rain Dance

"Tim" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim
In every case, take the high road.

I hope you get some rain, Tim. We were lucky yesterday. Clouds, fat and
dark with water, moved in from the northwest and promised rain. Leaves
turned their silver sides up in anticipation, and I swear the foot high corn
was dancing in the fields as they waved at the sky. Then the clouds burst
and the water fell. Instantly the heat we have been experiencing here in
Ohio gave way to cool northern air. What a relief! In answer to your
question...find a corn field, face the direction fronts usually come in from
and start dancing. Wave your arms arms with the corn and beckon those fat
water clouds to come.

shazzbat 29-06-2007 07:38 PM

Rain Dance

"Hud" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim
In every case, take the high road.

I hope you get some rain, Tim. We were lucky yesterday. Clouds, fat and
dark with water, moved in from the northwest and promised rain. Leaves
turned their silver sides up in anticipation, and I swear the foot high
corn was dancing in the fields as they waved at the sky. Then the clouds
burst and the water fell. Instantly the heat we have been experiencing
here in Ohio gave way to cool northern air. What a relief! In answer to
your question...find a corn field, face the direction fronts usually come
in from and start dancing. Wave your arms arms with the corn and beckon
those fat water clouds to come.

None of you are in UK right now are you? Does anybody know a good unrain
dance?

Steve

Omelet 29-06-2007 08:00 PM

Rain Dance

In article ,
"shazzbat" wrote:

"Hud" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Or Texas!!! ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Rachael Simpson 29-06-2007 08:51 PM

Rain Dance

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Hud" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Nope, not here, but how about you do a "send the rain that way dance" and
send your rain to us in the eastern US...............lol

Puckdropper 29-06-2007 11:15 PM

Rain Dance

"Tim" wrote in news:138a5mtkreh0nb1
@corp.supernews.com:

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim
In every case, take the high road.

I've had good success with prayer. Just a few days ago I told God how
much I thought we needed rain and got an inch and a half.

YMMV, just passing on my experience.

Puckdropper

diane 30-06-2007 01:50 AM

Rain Dance

LOL If I knew the dance I would be doing it! No rain here in 2
months!! TG I have well water but will soon have to worry about that
to...sooner or later have to replenish that water..

raeannsimpson 30-06-2007 02:14 AM

Rain Dance

On Jun 29, 8:50 pm, (diane) wrote:
LOL If I knew the dance I would be doing it! No rain here in 2
months!! TG I have well water but will soon have to worry about that
to...sooner or later have to replenish that water..

know the feeling.......we have a well too, but the way the river's
looking, the well might be dry soon. I'm still watching it rain all
round my area, but not enough to even merit falls here.............

R M. Watkin 30-06-2007 04:37 PM

Rain Dance

Hi All,
"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Hud" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

I second that.

Richard M. Watkin.

Robert Martellino 30-06-2007 04:46 PM

Rain Dance

Rachael Simpson wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Hud" wrote in message
. ..

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

We could use some rain out here in Southern California. This place is a
tinderbox.

Billy Rose 30-06-2007 08:15 PM

Rain Dance

In article t,
Robert Martellino wrote:

We could use some rain out here in Southern California. This place is a
tinderbox.

Southern California is a semi-desert. The Owens Valley water, Colorado
River water, and aqueduct water from the Sacramento River in northern
California are what make southern California possible. When you get a
couple of showers in southern California, you know it's winter. When the
tumble weeds bloom in southern California you know it's spring. People
build homes in the chaparral. The chaparral needs fire for it's seeds to
germinate. Hello, Topanga Canyon and southern California.

Southern California is a semi-desert. It is best not to expect rain.
--
Billy

Dave 01-07-2007 04:06 PM

Rain Dance

"Tim" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim
In every case, take the high road.

Careful for what you wish for, it might come true. See central Texas
previous 3 years, and now. My lawnmower is beatup as a result, no rest.
Dave