Old 28-07-2007, 11:44 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

Default Fruit-flavored air-fresheners smell good. Ripe *actual* fruits smell bad.

On Jul 28, 8:21 am, (Michael Moroney)
wrote http://groups.google.com/group/sci.b...a3bc73f?hl=en&
:
Radium writes:
Hi:
I know I've brought this subject up before but I just can't get over
it. I apologize profusely to those who might be annoyed. You may
notice some changes though.

One change I notice that _didn't_ happen is not writing this:

What causes those immeasurably-foul odors [of ripe fruit]?

The last half dozen times you asked this, you were told, ripe fruits
don't have an "immeasurably-foul odor" to most people. Most people
find them very pleasant smelling. I'll go as far as to say that you
are probably the only person in the world who finds ripe fruit to have
an "immeasurably-foul odor".

You were also told that, since nobody here has your nose or brain other
than yourself, you're going to have to sample organic chemicals that are
components of fruity odors, such as ethyl acetate to find out which
chemical that smells pleasant to everyone else has this "immeasurably-foul
odor". Nobody else can answer this but yourself.

You can skip such craziness as putricine or whatever. Fruits contain
chemicals that smell good to everyone other than yourself.

I've used many of those fruit-flavored air-fresheners. They smell like
paradise. Bananas, mangoes, peaches, strawberry, etc. All those air-
fresheners with fruity-fragrance are just wonderful.

This further increases my confusion and frustration over why ripe
*actual* fruits [excluding apples, pears, honeydew, and canteloupes]
stink so badly -- especially when canned.

Old 29-07-2007, 12:29 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

I've used many of those fruit-flavored air-fresheners. They smell like
paradise. Bananas, mangoes, peaches, strawberry, etc. All those air-
fresheners with fruity-fragrance are just wonderful.

This further increases my confusion and frustration over why ripe
*actual* fruits [excluding apples, pears, honeydew, and canteloupes]
stink so badly -- especially when canned.

You could have Alzheimer's, schizophrenia or a brain tumour, all of
which can cause distorted perceptions of smell.

Old 29-07-2007, 02:16 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jul 28, 4:29 pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

You could have Alzheimer's, schizophrenia or a brain tumour, all of
which can cause distorted perceptions of smell.

None of the above.

Old 29-07-2007, 03:23 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Thank You,

Jan

In article .com,
Radium wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:21 am, (Michael Moroney)
wrote
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.b...5a3bc73f?hl=en
&
:

Old 29-07-2007, 05:13 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jul 28, 7:23 pm, Jan Flora wrote:
Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Easy for you to say when you're not the one being tortured by the
frustration of desperately attempting -- yet failing miserably -- to
answer a seemingly-unanswerable-yet-immeasureably-intersting question.

Old 29-07-2007, 05:54 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Thank You,

Jan

Thank you Jan.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 29-07-2007, 01:32 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Thank You,

Jan

Thank you Jan.

Thirded.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 29-07-2007, 04:37 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
Ann Ann is offline

Radium expounded:

On Jul 28, 7:23 pm, Jan Flora wrote:
Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Easy for you to say when you're not the one being tortured by the
frustration of desperately attempting -- yet failing miserably -- to
answer a seemingly-unanswerable-yet-immeasureably-intersting question.

There is nothing interesting about your constant trolling.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked
Old 30-07-2007, 08:36 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:23:41 -0800, Jan Flora wrote:

Hey Radium:

GO AWAY. WE'RE TIRED OF YOUR PERENNIAL WEIRDNESS.

Thank You,

Jan

RoundUp maybe?

Charlie