Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Drought resistant stuff

My garlic chives, tomatillo, malabar spinach, lettuce, and rosemary
are doing great without watering. Also the volunteer tomatoes are
producing well.

Only my peppers gets watered regularly.

Old 15-08-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

My garlic chives, tomatillo, malabar spinach, lettuce, and rosemary
are doing great without watering. Also the volunteer tomatoes are
producing well.

Inspiring. I aspire to a garden which is planned around the amount of
rainfall we get, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Our tomatillo gets some watering (and droops a bit). Our lettuce
mostly died (partly due to neglect :-)) a while ago. Our tomatoes
probably would be greener with more water (as it is they are dying
back and not producing a whole lot of new fruit, but hopefully will
perk up in the fall a bit).

But the rosemary, basil, mint, oregano, lemon verbena, strawberries,
okra, raspberries, paw paw, apple, and probably some others I'm
forgetting to mention, don't seem to need watering.

Here in Maryland we're at a D2 (severe) drought, according to
http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html . This is usually a dry
(and hot) time of year. But this year is drier than usual.