GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Uses For Pineapple Mint? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/163082-uses-pineapple-mint.html)

J. 15-08-2007 03:08 AM

Uses For Pineapple Mint?

So I scrounged some pretty looking herb out of a neighbor's garden last
year which the neighbor had totally misidentified as a type of sage. It
turns out that it's really Pineapple Mint - quite pretty green leaves
with tan edges.

Aside from the ordinary uses for mint (e.g. julep, garnish) do you all
have any particularly good uses for this herb, as it is proving to be
quite prolific and is threatening to overwhelm everything else in my
herb plot.

Thanks,

J.

Ann 15-08-2007 11:40 AM

Uses For Pineapple Mint?

"J." expounded:

So I scrounged some pretty looking herb out of a neighbor's garden last
year which the neighbor had totally misidentified as a type of sage. It
turns out that it's really Pineapple Mint - quite pretty green leaves
with tan edges.

Sounds pretty.

Aside from the ordinary uses for mint (e.g. julep, garnish) do you all
have any particularly good uses for this herb, as it is proving to be
quite prolific and is threatening to overwhelm everything else in my
herb plot.

That what mints do, for the most part, and you've pretty much covered
the uses.. You're either going to have to put a physical barrier in
the soil or resign yourself to constantly cutting and pulling it.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked